Thursday 23 September 2010

Hay Problems

I had some hay delivered a couple of weeks ago, smelt good, looked nice but would my horses eat it, absolutely not!  I thought it was because there was lots of lovely fresh grass at the same time but that doesn't usually stop Chesney, he is a greedy one.  Luckily i have a nice farmer that took it back and brought me some different, apparently several people had said their horses wouldn't eat it either but we don't know why!  They are wolfing down the new lot which is such a relief.

Blimey the price has gone up this year.  I've found out that it is due to the poor crop last year and the drop in stocks there are.  The small crop this year due to the weather (so there is less about) means that prices are skyrocketing.  This winter is going to be challenging.

I'll try and do a blog about alternatives sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment